Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Summer bounty

My summer has begun!

I'm already well into August, but it wasn't summer until now. Why? Because it didn't feel like it before now. I was busy, traveling etc, and until now I haven't had any time to just get down to work on all of my summer tasks (reading, preparing to teach, and working on my dissertation proposal, to name just a few).

The other thing about summer: I have time to go to the farmer's market!


I haven't been able to go to the local farmer's market for months because I had work conflicts during spring quarter, and then I left the country for over a month. Now, I have tasty locally grown nectarines, lemon cucumbers, the sweetest peppers ever, tiny squash, organic cilantro, and a gorgeous gigantic heirloom tomato! Now it tastes like summer.

I also have another kind of summer bounty: yarn!


Here are my new acquisitions for summer knitting. The lovely light blue is lace weight alpaca for the Icarus Shawl from the Summer 2006 volume of Interweave Knits. The light green is amazingly soft cotton yarn for a gift for my classmate's baby who is due in fall. For months I've had visions of making a nice little green sweater for her little sprout... and I can now realize my vision using this yarn which I found in Olympia, WA last week while I was there visiting family.

Oh, and here is a picture of my cat. She was very interested in what I was doing outside, and I couldn't help but take a picture of her watching me through the window.


Yay for summer!

No comments: