Monday, May 11, 2009

Belly update

An update on Dan...

My sweetie is feeling better. He's back at work, and seems to be handling it well. He's not supposed to life heavy stuff yet, but otherwise his activity level is almost back to what it was before. Luckily he hasn't had any major complications, but his tummy doesn't respond to food quite the way it did when he had a gallbladder. We've been discussing how we might change what we eat (yes, I get to change too) in order accommodate his altered digestive system. We may come out of this situation with healthier diets all round.

In other belly related news...

I preformed at a Hasani's Hafla, (a.k.a. belly dance party/show) this Saturday. Yes, for those of you who don't know all my secrets, I have been belly dancing for about a year now, and this was my second public performance. I was nervous, but I had a lot of fun!

I'm including a picture for you, but it's a bit grainy:


And here's a little self-portrait from the show:

3 comments:

Non Belly Dancing Knitter said...

Who is that alluring lady in the photos? Way to go! I had no idea you had a secret life as a belly dancer--what other mysteries are you keeping from us knitting friends?
That sounds like so much fun.
You look beautiful up there all gussied up!
Way to go Amanda! Or shall I call you Shakira?

Miss Kalendar said...

I miss you, too. I love the belly dancing pictures. I mostly read blogs at work, so I can't comment (work blocks that somehow), but I did think you looked awfully cute!

I would love it if you came back. :)

Batty said...

Great shots! I used to belly dance but haven't done it in a couple of years now. Am looking to get back into it with a co-worker who's also interested.

Looks like you did great!