Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sunday Knitting Group

As you know, I loved my old knitting group: I loved the women I shared it with; it's location; the way we laughed and sang, vented and gossiped, and shared our lives with each other along with our knitting (and crocheting!). I miss it, but I've finally reached a place where I'm ready to move on and start a new group, understanding that it will be different than my first.

If you are in the Olympia area, I would love for more knitters to join. Here are the specs:

Sundays, 2:00 to 5:00 at the downtown B&B.

I've had two so far, and hope they will continue to grow. My sister took some photos last week, and, looking through them, I started to contemplate the differences and similarities between the two groups.

First Difference: More dinosaurs.



Second Difference: The possibility of indoctrinating children.



Third Difference: Instead of just discussing uteruses, one of us is knitting them (it's a Knitty pattern!).


We'll see what next week will be like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww! I saw that uterus pattern on knitty earlier and thought it was gross. They also have knitted boobs if I remember correctly. I think I prefer the knitted boobs to knitted internal organs. It's funny that you mentioned this womb pattern today, because--apologies to blog readers for sharing too much information, but this is where I update my friend Amanda on all my adventures--I just got back from the campus clinic for the yearly "lady appointment" and found out that I have lumpy breasts, a friable cervix, and may have asthma! They are going to have me take a special test later to find out. So, the point is: From an Olympia blog to a Santa Cruz clinic, it's a gynecological day.