Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catching up

Although I haven't posted much over the past few months, I did take pictures to show you. Time to play catch-up, before these get any more out of date.

Now that summer has come in earnest to Olympia, I have pictures to show of our very strange spring:


The Yarn Harlot toured the area, and I drove down to Portland to see her speak. My super sweet family came with me to the event, and my 13-year-old brother charmed all the knitters--he even got free yarn!


I've been holding onto a little knit sweater that was too small for the original baby I knit it for. Not any more. It finally has a home with a sweet little guy who was born just a couple months ago. These pictures were taken when he was only about a week old.


I'll try to post again soon and give you an update on my knitting. And, perhaps, a few more kitten pictures. We named her Ella.

3 comments:

Batty said...

Yay, you're back, and you've had fun!

That baby sweater is utterly adorable. As is the baby, of course. Such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Ella? That's a sweet name for a pretty cat. (I guess Fat Rocky II didn't fly, but she sure looks like my dead cat!). Our 2 little "household terrorists" are Diablito (little devil) and Osito (little bear). I don't want to leave them, I play with them all day. That is, all day when they aren't up in a tree in the backyard, hitting bell peppers off of my Dad's garden plants, or climbing on the window screens.
I'm glad you got to spend time with your family and the knitting show, and that your brother got some free yarn! Who is this new little baby? We must catch up, I'm leaving to go to the yucky desert on the 21st. Blech! I wish I were going to rainy Puget Sound.

Miss Kalendar said...

Not knitted in strips. Knitted it in a big long thing. It was 500 stitches across, so it was knit in garter sideways. That's one of my favorite tricks for using up old acrylic. In this case, so old it belonged to my boyfriend's mom!

Will post way more after my hellish grad school carreer comes to an end (hopefully in 3 months)