Thursday, July 13, 2006

Israeli cats and some art


Cats are everywhere in Tel Aviv. I see them lying in the grass when I walk to class in the morning. They beg at the tables where people sit outside cafés. I even saw three sitting on a parked motorcycle when I was in the center of town. It’s not what I expected when coming to Israel.


Last Friday morning I went of a tour of an area that claims to be the earliest settlement of Tel Aviv. There was a museum there in one of the original buildings, but it is owned by an artist who renovated the house with her own money, and her art decorates the building.


Here is a picture of Tel Aviv.


As the situation in Israel escalates, life here seems to stay the same. People go about as normal, but they watch the news more and talk more about family in the north.

No comments: